Sunday, February 1, 2015

Donald Babin

 His name was Donald Babin the same last name  as mine, but he was so handsome and I was two or three years old, twoish,, just toddling around but I was in love with him, he was the illegitimate son of my Aunt Mary, my fathers sister, she got pregnant in Canada so I was told and she told the farm boy, he had to come to the states with her for she was not going to live on a farm having been raised on one. So the whole family including my father immigrated to the U.S from Moncton New Brunswick Canada.
She brought Donald with her, I think he was born here but not to sure about that. He was tall and so handsome, I had a picture of me and him, I was in a beautiful little girls dress and I was sitting on his arm, with my dress fanned out and I was in heaven,
He got killed when I was tenish or so. I remember the family was devastated and I wanted to go to the funeral but my parents thought I was to young.
I never saw him again, He was coming home from leave he was in the military, and a car full of tired soldiers hit the toll booth and they were all killed. Donald hit a pole, it was before seat belts were invented.
I married a Donald and the only other man I almost married was named Donald. I was and still am glad I did not marry him the third Donald that would of been disastrous. , I only married him to give my girls a secure life, and my subconscious would not let me, I became physically ill from all the stress. I almost died, I do not think my children know about that. I was pretty well on my way out. The ruin of my relationship, my two children , my two jobs, I could not cope. Anyway I was just writing about the name Donald and how so long ago the first and I think only real love of my life got killed. I know I loved him. I knew what love was even at that young age and he was it, and he was gone. I can see his face today as if it was yesterday.
Don't get me wrong I loved Donald the father of my children but not like Donald Babin my first cousin, I told him when I grew up i was going to marry him. I remember that. He had a special affinity for me too, You could see it in the picture I often wonder if my sister has that picture, she like Danielle hoards pictures like they have a magic to them. Here I am sixty eight and thinking of him , he still lives on. At least in my thoughts. I love you Donald still to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment