Saturday, December 9, 2017

I ran into Danielle at the grocery store. us navy

I'm making a roast squash soup, butternut . recipe used acorn, garlic, cut in half , fresno chile cut in half, ,olive oil, shallots cut up fine, roast squash cover with oo, 20 min total , 425, 15 min put all in oo,,,says 20 min butternut may take longer? denser vegetable.

anyway Danielle showed me the second picture,, of me getting an award with the crew,
Donner second in command, engine can't remember his name , Engine man Ben, bos'n, Andy bos'n, me bos'n,, Robert Eardley, Senior chief.  Thompson ceo of the base.  I think I got three awards, two on the  Petasharo u.S fleet tug. 120 ft. beam, 13 ft prop, thats a big prop,,,powerful. one in the dental clinic,,I think.

we got an award,  we took the Milwaukee up the St, John without incident, to refuel, she was a refueler for the ships at sea, huge huge ship we had no incident. That was when senior chief  told me to ask for some ice cream, when the captain paid us a call to thank us  for safe passage.he sent down three five gallons or whatever it was, big buckets on a hot Florida night , sitting on the bank with your crew eating ice cream. fun, loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment