Wednesday, June 18, 2014

common core, will have to explore further


To: memoir100@hotmail.com

Dear Barbara,
Thank you contacting me with your concerns about Common Core school standards.
The Common Core State Standards are a set of education standards developed by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers. Common Core attempts to establish a single set of educational goals and expectations for students across the country. The standards have been adopted by 42 states, including Massachusetts.
I support efforts to set high standards for all students. I also believe that states and local education agencies should have the flexibility they need to provide their students with a great education. I recently cosponsored the Strengthening America's Schools Act, which would make much-needed changes to give children a fair shot at success while also preserving for states the flexibility to set standards for academic content.
Because the ultimate decision of whether to adopt Common Core standards is left to the states, I recommend that you contact your State Representative, your State Senator, and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education with your concerns.
I appreciate your reaching out to me on this important matter, and I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to work to improve our nation's education system.
Sincerely,
Signature
Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator
Washington, DC
317 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: 202-224-4543
Boston, MA
2400 JFK Federal Building
15 New Sudbury Street
Boston, MA 02203
Phone: 617-565-3170
Springfield, MA
1550 Main Street
Suite 406
Springfield, MA 01103
Phone: 413-788-2690

No comments:

Post a Comment